Thursday, October 6, 2011

My husband...then and now

    on Sunday, August 28, 2011 at 1:14pm

As I sat in the Church that we got married in today it was a bit surreal. I wanted so bad to be back at the day we both said "I do" in order to just spend more time with my husband. As I sat there I thought about these words...

I, Jimmy, commit all that I am to you, Lisa, to be one with you in marriage. By God’s Spirit I promise to love you as Jesus loves His church; with all my heart, and to be true and faithful, patient, kind and unselfish. I promise to stand beside you always, in times of joy and in times of sorrow. I also promise to lead our family in a spiritually understanding way, always seeking to honor, respect, trust and serve you in sickness and in health by showing you love in the ways you need to be loved. I dedicate our marriage, our family and our home to the lordship of Jesus Christ and promote your usefulness to God. I pledge myself and all that I am to you in love.

This is what Jimmy said to me on our wedding day...as you see there was no "till death do us part" however I know that is what is implied. Sometimes I feel so very far away from Jimmy then others I feel like he is right there with me in all that I do. We have a Spiritual connection that was shared through our covenant of marriage, therefore that connection will never end. I am certain that I will see him again one day until then I need to trust in the LORD and all that he has for me. My heart now belongs only to Jesus, my eternal husband.

Lord I ask for your direction in my life and in everything that I do from now on. I want only your will in my life...no matter what the brings!!


No comments:

Post a Comment