Thursday, October 6, 2011

I choose You LORD....and no one else!!!

  on Saturday, August 20, 2011 at 10:03am
"choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

This is the verse that the LORD gave me when I woke up this morning. I have come to this realization either I honor God through this very traumatic situation or not. I either allow Him to comfort me or not. I can either stay in my house and let the depression take over or I can allow other people to minister to me. The Lord has given me a very difficult cross to bear will I use it to glorify Him or not?
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

We are told to do everything for the glory of God…wow! Everything? I have been entrusted with a very great loss, a very great pain, a very tragic story…but it does not end there! Yes the Lord has entrusted me with a story that I can choose to use to glorify Him or not! I choose to let my story glorify HIM…however He chooses to use it. God does not tell us that He is only good when are circumstances are good…He tells us that He is good all the time. Therefore, the cross that He had given me to bear is what He knows I can handle, He knows that I can and will trust Him through all of this, He knows that I will allow Him to comfort me, He knows that I want His will above all else…He knows me better than I know myself. God has entrusted this story to me in order for Him to be glorified! I choose to let Him be glorified though my sorrow.
3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 5For as we share abundantly in Christ’s sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too.[a] 6 If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer. 7Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort. 2 Corinthians 1:3-7
I can either choose to allow myself to be comforted or not. There are many people in my life that want to comfort me and I can either allow them in or not. I choose to let the Lord work through His people. I don’t understand why God chooses to work in this way but He does, however I still have that choice. I thank the Lord that He has given me such amazing people to gather around and lift me up. I am so blessed to have the people around me that I do.

God Is Our Fortress

1God is our refuge and strength,
a very present[b] help in trouble.
2Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
3though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling.
4There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy habitation of the Most High.
5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved;
God will help her when morning dawns.
6 The nations rage, the kingdoms totter;
he utters his voice, the earth melts.
7 The LORD of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
8 Come, behold the works of the LORD,
how he has brought desolations on the earth.
9 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
he breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
he burns the chariots with fire.
10 "Be still, and know that I am God.
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!"
11 The LORD of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Psalm 46

I will be still before the Lord, and not let this depression overtake me. I choose to love the Lord no matter what, I choose to serve Him no matter what, I choose to glorify Him no matter how bad it hurts, I choose to let the Lord minister to me however He sees fit…Lord I give everything over to you! I give you my grief, my heart, my will, my mind, my desires, my life, my hurts, my scars…I give you my ALL. Lord I trust you and you alone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment