Sunday, November 20, 2011

I'll be Home for Christmas

I'll be Home for Christmas,

So please don't be so sad.

This is the greatest Christmas

That I have ever had.



I'll be home for Christmas,

So please don't grieve too long.

In Heaven here with Jesus,

Is where we all belong.



The world is full of struggles,

No matter where you roam,

But please don't be discouraged;

The world is not our home.



I'll be home for Christmas,

And one day, so will you.

The angels all are waiting,

and I'll be waiting too.

~Alda Maria

This is the poem that goes with an ornament that I got today at the Family Christian Stores. I worked for this company for 5 years and every time I saw this ornament come in for Christmas it saddened me. It made me think about those out there that lost someone the prior year. I never thought that I would be that person that lost someone suddenly, but I knew when the tree was decorated yesterday that it was missing one ornament. There is someone in Heaven that should have been decorating this tree with me...but he is not this year or ever again. It does make me sad, yet it makes me happy that Jimmy is going to have the best celebration of Jesus ever this year. He does not need to be here to decorate the tree, or fill my stocking or see the snow in Pittsburgh he is Home. My heart longs to be with him, sometimes I imagine coming home to Jesus and my heart is filled with joy.

This is not going to be an easy Christmas for me...but it is the best Christmas for Jimmy. How I wish I could be there with Jesus, Jimmy and all the others that have gone before me, but the LORD is not done with me yet here on earth. I am asking for your prayers as we are now on this holiday season...there are so many in a row it is going to be a very hard time for me. It does not end after New Years, in February I will have to deal with my birthday, valentine's day & leap day (Jimmy and I met on Feb 29, 2008) this would have been the first time we could celebrate that anniversary together. To think about all these "special" days coming, makes me feel very overwhelmed. Please lift me up in your prayers.

Thank You all for your prayers and support...you are being the hands and feet of Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment