Friday, February 17, 2012

And I’ll show you what Love sees when Love sees you

Blessed are you, as you weep on your knees with perfume and tears washing over My feet

Blessed are you, beggar, hopeless and blind calling for mercy when I’m passing by

Blessed are you, shaking your head at two tiny fish and some bread

Blessed are you as you tremble and wait for the first stone thrown at your sinful disgrace



Tell me your story, show me your wounds

And I’ll show you what Love sees when Love looks at you

Hand me the pieces, broken and bruised

And I’ll show you what Love sees when Love sees you



Blessed are you, walking on waves to find yourself sinking when you look away

Blessed are you, leper, standing alone, the fear on their faces, is all that you’ve known

Blessed are you, lonely widow who gave your last shiny coin to Yahweh

Blessed are you with your silver and lies, kissing the One who’s saving your life



Tell me your story, show me your wounds

And I’ll show you what Love sees when Love looks at you

Hand me the pieces, broken and bruised

And I’ll show you what Love sees when Love sees you



I see what I made in your mother's womb

I see the day I fell in love with you.

I see your tomorrows, nothing left to chance

I see My Father's fingerprints

I see your story, I see My name

Written on every beautiful page

You see the struggle, you see the shame

I see the reason I came



I came for your story, I came for your wounds

To show you what Love sees when I see you



I had heard this song more than once on the album "music inspired by the Story" but there is a difference is hearing and really listening to the words. Jesus sees our lives from the moment we are conceived in our mother's womb all the way to the day we enter Heaven and leave this life. He uses each trial, struggle, joy, blessing in our lives to make us who we are. He does not always take the trial or pain away however He does use it to make us more like Him. He might take away a blessing or a joy and this does not mean that He is punishing us just that He needed to take it away in order for us to fully understand our need for Him and how much He loves us. The song says that Jesus came for my story and my wounds...He understands what I am going through and all the feelings and pain that go with it. He understands that I will be angry, that I will be depressed, that I will feel like my life can't go on, that I feel so very alone without Jimmy, that I don't feel like myself anymore...the list goes on and on. I am very thankful that the LORD understands my feelings and my anger. There are times that I think about what will be next...what will the LORD take away from me this time? Sometimes I forget that the blessings that I ever had were given to me from Him in the first place. He did fill my cup but He also let the cup spill. All I can do is let the LORD use this all for what HE wants to accomplish in my life. LORD thank you for showing me that you can and will use everything that happens to me to make me more like you.


No comments:

Post a Comment